Senior Full Stack Developer
Competitive Salary and benefits
About the Role
We are searching for an experienced, dynamic and innovative Full Stack Developer, who will work with Data Scientists, Machine-Learning experts and Product Owners to deliver a ground-breaking AI solution for our major English Language Teaching (ELT) customers.
As an integral member of our Agile Scrum team, you will have primary responsibilities for the following:
• Delivering, implementing and optimising API's for communication between the solution and other Cambridge products
• Lead and guide the team on decisions around the architecture design, library design and the infrastructure
• Ensure that statistical models can be deployed from sandbox testing environments into production where they will impact on real customer experiences
The team are working experimentally and exploratively, so you will have the responsibility and flexibility to set the technical direction, with a large degree of autonomy over tools and technologies used. The role needs a strong technical developer with leadership ambitions.
Furthermore, you will be researching, understanding and recommending open-source leverage tools or frameworks to help ensure the Scrum team make effective use of relevant, new technologies in a changing technical landscape.
• Strong skills in a well-supported application programming language e.g. Java, Ruby, Clojure, Scala, vue.JS
• API design and monitoring
• Working knowledge of Python/R
• Good knowledge Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Strong data engineering skills & SQL
• GNU/Linux and deploying GNU/Linux in production environments
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes / DevOps automation
• Excellenttechnical communication skills
• Strong non-technical/managerial communication
We are searching for a motivated and proactive team player who has thrived in a cross- functional, Agile environment and is seeking a new challenge with the freedom to express their technical abilities and expertise. You must be passionate about innovation, technology and machine learning, with the confidence to discuss and present to senior stakeholders around these topics.
You will have a strong track record as an Engineer/Developer who has designed and delivered innovative cloud-based, modern architecture solutions that have transformed the end user learning experience. You will have the opportunity to mentor and coach other team members around your decisions and technology choices.
You should be able to demonstrate that you have designed and delivered similar systems previously and bring insight into the decisions required as our systems and products mature.
Why Cambridge University Press?
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We're one of the world's most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people's potential with the best learning and research solutions. We work in global teams to tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers
Cambridge University Press is committed to being a diverse and inclusive place to work. We are part of the University of Cambridge, committed in its pursuit of academic excellence to equality of opportunity and to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality. We are also a global organisation, serving customers and representing colleagues all over the world. Diversity, in all its various forms, is key to our success as an organisation.
Our benefits include group personal pension and free life assurance, an inclusive and flexible working environment comprising of 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), on-site fitness facilities, and many more. Furthermore, our Cambridge office is just a 10 minutes' walk from the train station.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org